Thursday, September 29, 2016

Soft Hearts

My daughter was having an especially challenging afternoon the other day. It became apparent that the constant fighting was mostly her being very difficult toward her brother. When I went to talk to her, she stared at me with a very hard look in her eyes. I asked her a few questions like, “Are you being loving and kind right now?” She said no. “Why are you acting like this?” She didn’t know. “Is your heart hard or soft?” She said it was hard.

At this point in the conversation, my 4 year old son noticed a piece of cotton stuffing lying on the floor next to him. He picked it up and rubbed it on his sister’s chest right where her heart would be saying, “To make your heart soft.”


Everybody burst out laughing and somehow it actually worked. Her heart was softer the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment